Monday, August 22 – Wednesday, August 24: 08:00 – 19:00
Thursday, August 25 and Friday, August 26: 08:00 – 17:00
Saturday, August 27: 10am-2pm
Autumn working hours
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturday 10:00 – 14:00
|8/2-10/31||Paperback Favorites Buy one, get one 50% off||Store & Website|
|8/2-10/31||Select for youth 20% discount||Store & Website|
|weekly||New Releases 20% off (curl with a book)||Store & Website|
|6/1-9/29||25% off selected Laptops||Store & Website|
|6/1-8/31||Medify Air||Only on the web|
|7/27-9/7||50% Off Select School Supplies||Store & Website|
|7/27-9/7||Buy 3 for 6 Logo Folders||Store & Website|
Fall 2022 semester events and updates
Restaurants at the top of UC
- Now serving! We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Check the website for serving times at various dining locations.
- New door prices for UC tops:
- New fees for faculty and staff:
- All regular meals: $6.50 (every meal, every day of the week)
- Premium food: $7.50 (Premium meals include Global Coffee, Latino Melting Pot Dinner and Thanksgiving lunch.)
- Prices for other guests (not UMW faculty and staff members and not on meal plans)
- Breakfast: $9.50
- Lunch: $13.00
- Dinner: $14.00
- Sat. Brunch: $13.50
- the sun Brunch: $14.00
- Premium Dinner: $15.00
- New fees for faculty and staff:
- $1.00 Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day Luncheon – September 20th All UMW faculty and staff members are invited to enjoy lunch at UC Top Restaurants for just $1.00 on Tuesday, September 20th. Just show the cashier your UMW ID. Lunch is served from 11:00 to 14:00. Please join us!
- Reusable ejector box – Available for just $5. Take the food home, rinse and return the box to the checkout, then get a fresh, sanitized box (or token for a box) to use for your next “to-go” meal.
Get “in the know” – Join UMWFoodies!
Don’t miss out on free food samples, pop-up food surprises and special events! Opt in and you’ll be notified of these events, as well as any changes to dining hours due to weather or other emergency situations. Simply text the keyword UMWFOODIES to 82257 to be selected. You will not receive spam and your phone number will not be shared with other groups or companies.
Other upcoming events
- Welcome tent, August 19 and 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. In front of the University Center.
- Sampling “impossible” vegan breakfast sandwiches., September 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., at UC. FREE!
- Happy hour! Each Retail Dining Store offers special offers or discounts during their MF Happy Hours! Vocelli pizza: 14-16; Kato: 4-6 pm; Panera: 19-21; Market: 8-10pm.
- Global Cafe Dinner, September 28, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Top of the UC (Dining room closed from 14:00 to 17:00)
- Latino Melting Pot DinnerOct. 4, 5 to 8 p.m., Top of the UC (Dining room closed from 14:00 to 17:00)
- Stop promoting hunger pangs October 19 – November 10
- Faculty and Staff Thanksgiving Luncheon, Thursday, November 17, Chandler Ballroom. Details TBA.
For details on any dining program, contact Rose Benedict at [email protected] or call 540-654-2169.
We are excited to welcome Patrick Lee as a member of the EagleOne Card Office team. In addition to coordinating the off-campus trade program, Patrick is able to help with any of your EagleOne or sales questions. He can be reached at x1005, or [email protected].
Discount Access with EagleOne
At the University Bookstore, UMW Faculty and Staff receive 10% off regularly priced apparel and gifts upon presentation of their EagleOne card.
Additionally, some companies work with the state of Virginia to offer discounts to state employees. The EagleOne card can be used as identification for state employees to receive these discounts. For more information, the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management offers this list of employee discounts.
New parking manager
Please join us in welcoming Maie Makin as UMW’s new Manager of Parking Services. Maie previously worked in the EagleOne office. Maie can be reached at [email protected] or x1129.
2022-2023 Parking decals
Decals for the 2022-23 academic year are available now. The contractor decorations expired on August 1st, so contractors should contact the parking management office to order new signs. Students may purchase plates online through the SSB Parking Management portal or in person in Lee Hall 201B. Faculty/staff plates do not expire until August 1, 2025. However, new vehicles may be registered at any time.
For questions or assistance, please contact Parking Management at x1129 or [email protected].
Increase in postal rates
The USPS raised the price of postage on July 10, 2022. The cost of a first-class stamp increased from $58 to $60. Please go to https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2022/0406-usps-new-prices-for-2022.htm for a complete list of changes.
For questions, please contact the UMW Post Office at x1049.
The UMW & VCE Chair Showroom is now co-located inside the UMW Bookstore in Lee Hall!
With a quick walk around campus, making seat choices is now much more accessible to the campus community. AND, you have the added benefit of being able to shop the UMW bookstore for all the new and exciting UMW spirits items; or maybe to buy that new book you’ve been meaning to read.
Signs will clearly indicate the location of the Showroom. If you have questions or need help with your purchase, contact Procurement Services. Procurement staff are happy to make an appointment to meet you in the Bookstore. Scan the QR code conveniently placed inside the Showroom to access the Showroom website and a newly available web form will ensure your selection is processed quickly and efficiently.
Let Procurement Services know how you like this new showroom location!